Last Updated on February 9, 2024 by Electricalampere
FRP Ladder Type Cable Tray supports and organizes cables. The full form of FRP is fiber-reinforced plastic. FRP is a composite material made of a polymer matrix reinforced with fibers, such as glass fibers. Ladder-type cable trays resemble a ladder with parallel side rails connected by a series of rungs.
Construction of FRP ladder Cable Tray
It has two long side rails that represent the main structural elements, and regularly spaced rungs connect the side rails. The rungs form a series of openings between them, creating a grid or ladder-like structure. The cables would rest on and be supported by these rungs. The image of the FRP ladder-type cable tray is shown below.
Specifications of FRP Ladder Tray
|Material of cable trays
|fiberglass-reinforced polyester (FRP)
|Ladder-type design with longitudinal side rails and regularly spaced rungs for cable support.
|Width, depth, and length specifications for the cable tray. Common widths include 150mm, 300mm, 450mm,
|250mm and 300mm
|Side Rail Height
|specify the height of the longitudinal side rails
|Different load capacities are based on the width, depth, and thickness of the cable tray. 300mm Width: 60 Kg/linear meter
450mm Width: 75 Kg/linear meter
600mm Width: 90 Kg/linear meter
750mm Width: 120 Kg/linear meter
900mm Width: 150 Kg/linear meter
|smooth or textured surface.
|Specify- Available in different colors
|Permissible deflection under Test
|Shall not exceed L/200mms
|Length of the tray
When storing FRP ladder-type cable trays, follow proper guidelines to prevent damage. Here are some general recommendations for its storage.
- Store the FRP cable trays indoors in a dry and well-ventilated area.
- If indoor storage is not feasible, avoid exposing the cable trays to direct sunlight for extended periods because prolonged exposure to UV radiation can degrade the material and reduce its lifespan.
- Elevate the cable trays off the ground using pallets for outdoor storage.
- Protect the trays from rain, snow, and other environmental elements by covering them.
- Follow the stacking guidelines. Too many stacked trays may cause tray deformation.
- FRP trays are susceptible to temperature and, therefore, avoid storing the tray in extreme temperatures.
The features of FRP ladder-type cable trays make them suitable for various industrial and commercial applications.
- Corrosion Resistance: The trays are highly resistant to corrosion.
- Chemical Resistance: They resist damage from a wide range of chemicals.
- High Strength-to-Weight Ratio: “Despite being lightweight, they have a high strength-to-weight ratio.”
- Non-Conductive: FRP is non-conductive, making FRP ladder-type cable trays suitable for applications where electrical conductivity must be minimized to prevent electromagnetic interference.
- UV Resistance: Trays are resistant to ultraviolet (UV) radiation
- Fire Retardant: FRP is fire retardant.
Applications of FRP ladder Type Cable Tray
The unique features of the tray make them suitable for installation in industrial and commercial installations. They are used in
- Chemical Plants
- Petrochemical plants
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Power Plants
- Coastal and Marine Environments
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Data Centers
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Textile Industry
- Mining Industry
- Renewable Energy Projects